My amazing husband spent his weekend working on Rosie’s permanent shelter. Of course I was out there helping him the whole time, with the exception of the last hour on Sunday when I stopped to scrub water buckets and pick manure.
This is a good shot of Rosie’s temporary quarters.
The new stall will be 9 x 12. Eventually it will have a stall door that goes to the interior of the barn for ease of feeding and caring for horses in bad weather.
Who knew that I had the most entertaining horse toys already in the barn for free? Blondie and Zi spent about an hour chewing on the blue baling twine that is securing Rosie’s shelter.
We had just wrapped up work for the day. This was as close as Zi would get to the new structure. However, shortly after we went in the house I had to run back down to the barn for something – I couldn’t see any horses anywhere. They were both right up against this gate, checking things out.
We got a lot done, but there is another good day of work to make it usable. The roof needs to be finished, the enclosures on both ends need to be finished, the floor backfilled with gravel, leveled, and matted. That will make it safe and dry. Later on we will add a light, cut a doorway from the inside of the barn out to the new space, add trimwork, and paint.
The weather is supposed to be nice again this weekend so you know what we’ll be doing!