This is the expanded edition in which I tell you about the WIP or works-left-unfinished that are still in Washington. I’m going to Washington next week and I intend to bring these items back with me for finishing.
First, the WIPs here in Montana:
1. Sunrise Circle – you guessed it, no change yet.
2. Beige Cable Hat – new this week. As soon as I finished the plain, dark brown hat I cast on for this one. Now that I have a good idea of how many stitches around I need and what depth I need to cover my ears nicely, there is a lot less guesswork in knitting a hat.
This is Valley Yarns Northampton in Fawn, a lovely heathered beige color. I’m using the 3 AM Cable Hat pattern by Smariek (Ravelry). I just love how this yarn knits up. It is worsted weight, but it feels a little bit beefier than Cascade 220. ETA: After last night’s knitting this just needs the ends woven in and it’s done!
3. Dragon Scale Wrap – I read through the instructions and looked at the charts, but I’m not quite ready to start it yet.
Now for the WIPs that I left in Washington.
4. iPaq Cozy or Mini Purse – needs more felting and a button closure. You’ll have to take my word for it that I finished the knitting and started felting it as I don’t have a photo.
5. Booga Bag – needs more felting and the handles attached. A lining might be nice too. You’ll have to take my word for it on this one too – all the knitting is done, felting has been done as best as a front loader can do.
6. Vintage Velvet Scarf – this one has been in time out and I’m still not sure if I’ll bring it back with me or not. The problem is, I didn’t really know how to knit this yarn so the first skein I knit very loosely, then I set it aside. When I came back later I knit it at a normal tension so their is a huge difference between the first and second skeins that were knit. I suspect I need to frog the whole thing, re-skein the yarn to get the ripples out, and start again. At least it should be much easier to knit now that I have so much more experience.
I think that covers it! The only other knitted items I can think of that are not on this list are both headed to the frog pile – the Circular Shrug that doesn’t fit right and the Endpaper Mitts that are too small.